Oktoberfest, we decided, is Disneyland for drunk people. Which is not actually what I anticipated. I envisioned a large green field with huge white tents sprawled across it. And there definitely were HUGE tents. What I did not envision was a massive fairground complete with roller coasters, tons of food booths and joyously wonderful drunk Bavarians dressed in lederhosen and drindl. I cannot even tell you the joy of Oktoberfest. If I had the money, I would go back every year. Here are some pictures to explain:
This is Kristen and I with our first be
And here's Christiane and I, she was our amazingly amazing host in Munchen.
And here's Kristen and I trying on drindls.
All in all, I found the people in Munchen incredible. And there is so much to do. We went to Fussen castle, the castle upon which the Disneyland one is based. We learned all about King Ludwig (Ludy) and his preference for men (ok, maybe we decided that had been the case). We went to Dachau which was sobering, but of course necessary. And Kristen and I added to our bunch like crazy: this was the point when our friend Michael joined us, Christiane and her boyfriend Flo hosted us, we met their friend Blade, and we met up with Michael's friend Kelly. Such a joyous time, and I would go back to Munich in a hot second.

2 comments:
Hi how are you? I was just looking through your blog and liked it. I think you are a very creative person, and would like you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego.
I think that you may enjoy the various labels, which are all unique artistically, and the music videos, and perspectives. I have friends from all over the world who frequent my blog, so I hope you will stop by and say hello.
Hope to see you soon,
take care.
I LOVE GERMANY!
Love it love it love it.
Just went this year for a few weeks. Did the full circle. Particularly liked Erfurt--Old East Germany market town. And Munchen, well...met some great people from Scotland there.
I'm a friend of Claudia Melatinis.
Playwright. Lunatica. Et al.
--Don
www.doncummings.net
www.opentrench.blogspot.com
Post a Comment